[dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.05-rc1

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Mon Apr 27 01:40:22 CEST 2020

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v20.05-rc1

There are 822 new patches in this snapshot.

Release notes:
	https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_20_05.html

Highlights of 20.05-rc1, grouped by category:
* General
	- low overhead tracing framework
	- ring synchronisation modes for VMs and containers
	- RCU API for deferred resource reclamation
* Networking
	- flow aging API
	- driver for Intel Foxville I225
* Cryptography
	- event mode in the example application ipsec-secgw
* Baseband
	- 5G driver for Intel FPGA-based N3000

We are still expecting some features for -rc2:
	- packet processing graph
	- telemetry rework
	- flow rules performance test
	- GCC 10 support

We have four small weeks to complete this release cycle.
DPDK 20.05-rc2 is expected on April 8th.

Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
As a community, we must close as many bugs as possible for -rc2.
Please read this bugzilla-related message:
	http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2020-April/165437.html

Thank you everyone