[dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - June 16, 2020

Brandon Lo blo at iol.unh.edu
Tue Jun 16 16:09:37 CEST 2020


Attendees

   1.

   Brandon Lo
   2.

   Trishan de Lanerolle
   3.

   James Hendergart
   4.

   Juraj Linkes
   5.

   Reyfone Wang
   6.

   Tomasz Zawadzki
   7.

   Owen Hilyard
   8.

   Daniel Kirichok
   9.

   David Liu
   10.

   Thomas Monjalon
   11.

   Lincoln Lavoie

Agenda

   1.

   CI Status
   2.

   Test Development
   3.

   Bugzilla Ticket Review
   4.

   Any Other Business

MinutesCI Status

   -

   Intel CI system updates
   -

      Need to invite the Intel CI team to the call
      -

         qian.q.xu at intel.com
         -

         john.mcnamara at intel.com
         -

   Travis CI
   -

      No updates
      -

   Community Lab
   -

      SPDK Build Failures
      -

         All 5 systems running SPDK compile testing fully functional.
         -

      SPDK Additional Unit Testing
      -

         Currently running on the Fedora VM in testing environment
         -

         Will be on by this Friday (probably sooner), after testing
         internally
         -

         Move to latest release branch to have more up-to-date commits
         during testing
         -

            Try it because of features that may make it easier to support
            -

            May need to fall back to LTS release branches if failures are
            occurring
            -

      Infrastructure Alert
      -

         System put in place to notify the team whenever an infrastructure
         failure occurs due to reliability issues
         -

      Broadcom Upgrade to include 100Gbe NICs
      -

         https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=489
         -

      Windows mingw-w64 compile testing (Bug-476)
      -

         Looking into setting this up and putting it onto the production
         dashboard
         -

   Other Build Services
   -

      Cirrus CI
      -

         Update on Redhat interns?
         -

         Expected on the 30th
         -

      OBS
      -

         Status of including package spec files in the main repos?
         -

         Not quite confident that we will do this
         -

            Only real motivation to have this is for OBS
            -

         Next steps
         -

            What’s missing:
            -

               “Jenkins” job to run the pipeline
               -

               Something to monitor the result
               -

                  Juraj to provide some of these quite soon(?)
                  -

                  Maybe submit a pull request to patchwork ci to see where
                  it gets us.

Test Development

   -

   Two systems that are working on getting development set up
   -

      Intel dev system with 2 servers
      -

      Occasionally borrowing Broadcom system from CI
      -

   Basic test cases working, but existing functional tests are not
   functioning properly
   -

      The tests that are passing are likely to be a false positive.
      -

   Questions
   -

      Is there a way to have TREX run and have a way to expose interfaces
      (some other way to make Scapy run)
      -

      Example on how to make Scapy run properly
      -

   Going through existing tests located within DTS
   -

      Some tests may be NIC specific; may need to work on scripts to
      improve coverage
      -

   Need to create a progress report in test development so that everybody
   in the group knows how much work has been done in the DTS team.
   -

      Brandon to lead recording the progress of the test development team.

Bugzilla Ticket Review

DPDK Community Lab Bug Tracker
<https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=job%20scripts&component=UNH%20infra&list_id=2775&order=priority%2Cchangeddate%20DESC&product=lab&query_format=advanced&resolution=--->

   -

   New / Updated:
   -

      Bug 460 - Broadcom performance testing being setup
      -

         Testing fully functional. Reports being sent to patchworks under
         iol-broadcom-Performance
         -

      Bug 466 - Mellanox build errors occur randomly:
      -

         Stopping existing TREX processes before starting testing for
         Mellanox has stopped the failures for quite some time.

Any Other Business

   -

   Emails submitted to patchwork through the mailing list with “warning”
   label are labeled as such due to failure of a submodule test. E.g.: SPDK
   build
   -

      Not marked as FAIL because of the lack of failures in the dpdk
      compile tests.
      -

   Next meeting: June 30, 2020


-- 

Brandon Lo

UNH InterOperability Laboratory

21 Madbury Rd, Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824

blo at iol.unh.edu

www.iol.unh.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/ci/attachments/20200616/50a89e48/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the ci mailing list