[dpdk-dev] Error message "virtio-net device is already used by another driver"

Srinivasan J srinidpdk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:19:30 CET 2013

Thomas,
            Thanks for the reply. I loaded the virtio_net module and
then tried executing testpmd, but the entire VM crashed.
Let me know if you want me to collect any specific data.

[root at localhost ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fuse                   76063  3
ppdev                  17363  0
parport_pc             27416  0
i2c_piix4              17682  0
parport                39185  2 ppdev,parport_pc
i2c_core               28619  1 i2c_piix4
virtio_net             23138  0
e1000                 128455  0
mperf                  12551  0
[root at localhost ~]# rmmod virtio_net
[root at localhost ~]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
fuse                   76063  3
ppdev                  17363  0
parport_pc             27416  0
i2c_piix4              17682  0
parport                39185  2 ppdev,parport_pc
i2c_core               28619  1 i2c_piix4
e1000                 128455  0
mperf                  12551  0
[root at localhost ~]#