[dpdk-dev] Fwd: problem in running KNI application

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 06:46:42 CET 2013

Looking back in your first email and reading some of the kni sample
application code, it seems to me that the application maps an lcore to one
port.

Based on these snippets,

1.) --- kni/main.c:930

rte_eal_mp_remote_launch(main_loop, NULL, CALL_MASTER);

2.) -- kni/main.c:379

if (flag == LCORE_RX) {
RTE_LOG(INFO, APP, "Lcore %u is reading from port %d\n",
} else if (flag == LCORE_TX) {
RTE_LOG(INFO, APP, "Lcore %u is writing to port %d\n",

#1 runs the lcores one by one (once only) and #2 checks the function
(tx/rx) to perform for the lcore.  So, if this is correct, then assigning
lcores to two ports will not work since the logic simply works on lcores
one by one in one pass only.  IOW, the second param. of --config is useless
since lcore 1 is already assigned when mapping the first.

Again if this is correct, the kni application is the one restricting this
option and not DPDK.  I've tried using 1 lcore to both read and write
to/from 2 ports.

Cheers,
Pepe

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.