[dpdk-dev] 1 core / 1 port receiving performance discrepancy

zengxg14 zengxg14 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 07:51:10 CEST 2013

Hi:

What is your burst size in rte_eth_rx_burst?
Can you provide the shell command you run, both test-pmd and your code?

From: jinho hwang
Date: 2013-07-12 23:46
To: dev
Subject: [dpdk-dev] 1 core / 1 port receiving performance discrepancy
Hi Guys,

I am currently testing my code with two machines(X5650 @ 2.67GHz,
82599EB): one runs my code, and the other runs Pktgen. The first task
is to see how my code performs comparing to test-pmd. Both use only
one port with one core to receive packets. test-pmd uses rxonly mode.
My code only receives packets and discards them right away, and there
are no other processing at all. Different from what I expected,
test-pmd shows 33M packets (do not count on the second --- just total
number of packets sent from Pktgen), whereas mine shows 18M packets
with the same traffic.

I have tried to configure many things such as increasing rx queue
size, increasing max packet receive buffer, but the number did not
make differences.

Can I get some help?

Thank you,

Jinho