[dpdk-dev] L3/L4 Filters configuration

Gal Sagie gal.sagie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 06:44:13 CEST 2013

Hello Thomas, thank you for the answer ,I have some follow up questions, I
am trying to understand the filtering mechanism better:

1) the FDIR allows me to direct specific filter to a specific RX queue,
what is happening to all the other traffic, is it dropped (or sent to the
drop queue defined in the fdir struct)?
    for example what happens to it if i also define another queue and RSS
enabled.

2) I defined two queues and two signature filters, lets assume i send a
packet that can be matched by both, is the packet duplicated or
   only the first registered filter match it?

What i would like to achieve is the following scenario =>

Have two filters and 3 queues, each filter associates with a unique queue
and all traffic that is filtered going to that queue (this queue receive
only this traffic) and the third queue for all the non matched traffic
Can this be done and how?

Thanks for your  help!

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com

--