[dpdk-dev] Performances are not scale with multiple ports

Shinae Woo shinae2012 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 06:00:25 CEST 2013

Actually, I made my own packet reception application using DPDK
to utilize multiple RSS which map each core (in my case, 12 queues for 12
cores).

But it shows that multiple RSS shows, the reception performance is rather
decreasing as below.

# queue
1 2 3 4 5 6  Bandwidth (Gbps)  8.95 8.90 8.89 8.57 7.95 7.62    #queue 7 8 9
10 11 12  Bandwidth (Gbps)  7.18 7.13 7.12 7.04 7.58 6.80
I will try with testpmd to load balance again.

I use the custom packet generator module over Packet I/O,
but I'm looking forward to the pktgen for DPDK of Stephen's, too.

Thanks,
Shinae