[dpdk-dev] Regarding VM live migration with SRIOV

Prashant Upadhyaya prashant.upadhyaya at aricent.com
Mon Nov 25 15:01:54 CET 2013

Hi guys,

I have a VM on top of QEMU/KVM hypervisor. Guest and Host are both Fedora 18.
I am using 82599 NIC with SRIOV based VF's in the VM.
In VM I am running a DPDK based application which uses the VF.

Now I have to do a live migration of the running VM from one physical machine to the other.

Right, so has anybody tried it before in the above environment. If yes, would love to hear from you and learn from your experience of doing it instead of making the same mistakes and learning the hard way.

Regards
-Prashant