[dpdk-dev] DPDK.L.1.4.1-4: error in binding of network ports to igb_uio driver

Jayakumar Satri JS00123073 at TechMahindra.com
Tue Sep 10 06:34:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

      In the DPDK getting started guide, the following is mentioned.

"By default, Intel(r) DPDK applications automatically unbind all support
network ports from the kernel driver in use and rebind those ports to
the igb_uio driver."

I am using DPDK.L.1.4.1-4. I run the l2fwd application from the
examples. I get the following error. Request your guidance in overcoming
this.

EAL: PCI device 0000:0b:00.1 on NUMA socket 0

EAL:   probe driver: 8086:10fb rte_ixgbe_pmd

EAL:   0000:0b:00.1 not managed by UIO driver, skipping

EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1

Also, when I used the pci_undind tool, I get the message - Routing table
indicates that interface 0000:0b:00.1 is active. Not modifying

Regards,

Jaya Kumar.