[dpdk-dev] irq_to_desc undefined when compiling igb_uio

Habibi, Michael michael.f.habibi at hp.com
Tue Aug 26 23:43:15 CEST 2014

I agree the kernel is old but it's what we're stuck with at the moment. It
appears that at least some thought went into this, as the code in question
is actually compatibility code added for older kernel versions such as mine:

#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2, 6, 37)
/* Compatability wrapper for new kernel API for IRQ */
#define irq_data irq_desc
#define irq_get_irq_data(irq) irq_to_desc(irq)
#define irq_data_get_msi(data) get_irq_desc_msi(data)
#endif

I may just export the symbol for now. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough
with this area of the code, but if I end up tackling this I'll see if I can
submit a patch if it hasn't been fixed by then.

Thanks.

P.S. Aaro sorry for the duplicate email. I resent this without my digital signature so it would get through the mailing list.