[dpdk-dev] Clang Scan build results

Wiles, Roger Keith keith.wiles at windriver.com
Wed Aug 27 18:19:14 CEST 2014

Not sure why cite marks are missing again :-( I hope they come back some day. I still must not have Mac Mail configure correctly, but I only really see a couple of options. If someone has a solution let me know.

On Aug 27, 2014, at 11:09 AM, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:

> 2014-08-27 15:52, Wiles, Roger Keith:
>> I groped around on the Coverity site and did not find any statement about
>> being free to open source, but I may have just missed it.
>
> It's here:
> 	https://scan.coverity.com
>
> Some checks have been done with TrustInSoft Analyzer:
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002365.html
> Noticeable example:
> 	http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/commit/?id=2612a4b935144accff

If coverity is free then maybe that is one we need to use instead of scan-build, but I still like running multiple tools to see which one does the best and to report other types of issues. Just my opinion.

> I didn't yet check all your clang report but about all the errors in
> Intel base drivers, you should know that we prefer not fix them because
> we try to keep it close from the Intel imports. It's Intel decision to fix
> these base drivers errors and publish them here.

Yes, I noticed the drivers had a few problems and were one of the files I had to force scan-build work.

> --
> Thomas

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist with CTO office, Wind River mobile 972-213-5533