[dpdk-dev] Clang Scan build results

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Aug 28 05:00:25 CEST 2014

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 03:13:43PM +0000, Wiles, Roger Keith wrote:
> Hi Everyone,

Hi Keith,

For me the build failed with clang but I made a series of awful patches to get
it to compile... not sure if the clang failures could be related to your
scan-build failures. If it will help you I can provide you the patches I made
to get it to work on clang... they are not ready for the DPDK master branch
but it's really good to get safe output from scan-build.

> It would be nice to run once in a while to weed out any basic problems. We
> could run something like PC-Lint or Coverity, but they cost money :-)

Not 100% true... you can run Coverity for free on open source if you are the
maintainer... given Intel, Wind River, and 6WIND all have some form of
maintainership authority over DPDK there should be a way to qualify via this
avenue.

Matthew.