[dpdk-dev] How to add veth interfaces in dpdk

Sachin Sharma sharonsachin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 14:57:23 CET 2014

Hi Marc,

I have limited number of nodes (Linux nodes)  in my testbed. So, I
wanted to use veth interfaces for creating some of dpdk nodes in my
nodes.  You said that I can use KNI interfaces for this purpose. I am
very new to KNI terminology. Could you please redirect me to a
tutorial to create links with KNI interfaces and then adding those KNI
interfaces into dpdk?

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin.

On 12/12/14 14:34, Sachin Sharma wrote:
>* Hi all,
*>>* I have created veth interfaces using  command "sudo ip link add veth1 type
*>* veth peer name veth2". However, when I use command "sudo
*>* ./tools/igb_uio_bind.py --force --bind=igb_uio veth1" to add veth into
*>* dpdk. It gives me an error that "Unknown device: veth1. Please specify
*>* device in "bus:slot.func" format". I do not see even veth interfaces using
*>* command "sudo ./tools/igb_uio_bind.py --status". Is there any way that I
*>* can add these interfaces into dpdk?
*