[dpdk-dev] DPDK RSS support for ixgbevf PMD

Ouyang, Changchun changchun.ouyang at intel.com
Thu Dec 18 02:32:40 CET 2014

Hi

Yes you are right, it could be 2 queues, the actual queue number per VF depends on the number of VF:
VF number from 1~32:     4 queues per VF;
VF number from 33~64:   2 queues per VF;
The queue number is determined by the vf number at the pf init stage,
If pf setup 4 queues for each vf and distribute packets to 4 queues, but vf only poll 1 or 2 queue,
Then packets in other queues will be lost.
You can try to poll 4 queues firstly to debug your issue.
Thanks
Changchun