[dpdk-dev] Is it possible to have dpdk running with no dependency on a nic ?

Venkatesan, Venky venky.venkatesan at intel.com
Mon Feb 17 18:52:20 CET 2014

If in-lining is that big a concern, you could create your own wrapper function and explicitly mark it no-inline. Personally, I haven't seen any inordinate increase in i-cache miss rates because of in-lining on the applications we have - prefetchers on IA are usually capable of keeping up. However, every application is different enough that there really is no "general" rule here.

-Venky