[dpdk-dev] intel x540-at2

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 11:09:16 CET 2014

Hi Thomas,

I thought I was clear enough, sorry for the confusion.

I am running a DPDK application in a guest VM which uses one VF.  This VM
runs on top of the host that has an x540-at2 NIC and uses the ixgbe driver.
 The issue was that every time I run the DPDK application in the VM it
errors an invalid instruction and stops there.

I've come into a conclusion that NIC x540-at2 isn't fully supported by DPDK
because i can't find a MACRO for it in rte_pci_dev_ids.h.  Consequently, I
came into a suspicion that this is somewhat causing the DPDK application
that runs in the VM to fail, for the reason that the VF in the VM may be
trying to perform some capabilities in the PF (x540-at2) that is not
available.

Cheers,
Pepe

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.