[dpdk-dev] How to debug packet sends to virtual functions

Mats Liljegren liljegren.mats2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 19:30:38 CET 2014

I have a follow-up on this:

ixgbe version 3.13.10-k
ixgbevf version 2.7.12-k

(These are what was provided by Ubuntu 13.10)

I tried the following sequence on the host, before starting the guest:
1) sudo rmmod ixgbe
2) sudo modprobe ixgbe max_vfs=2
3) sudo ifconfig em1 up  # This is the physical function
4) sudo ifconfig em1_0 192.168.2.2  # This is the virtual function
5) ping 192.168.2.1

I can see that the ping request reaches its target, and a reply is
sent back. But this reply is not received by the ping shell command.

Why?

Regards,
Mats