[dpdk-dev] DPDK Performance issue with l2fwd

Zachary.Jen at cas-well.com Zachary.Jen at cas-well.com
Thu Jul 10 10:07:30 CEST 2014

Hey Guys,

Recently, I have used l2fwd to test 160G (82599 10G * 16 ports), but I
got a strange pheromone in my test.

When I used 12 ports to test the performance of l2fwd, it can work fine
and achieve 120G.
But it got abnormal when I using over than 12 port. Part of ports seems
something wrong and no any Tx/Rx.
Has anyone know about this?

My testing Environment.
1. E5-2658 v2 (10 cores) * 2
http://ark.intel.com/zh-tw/products/76160/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-2658-v2-25M-Cache-2_40-GHz
2. one core handle one port. (In order to get best performance.)
3. No any QPI crossing  issue.
4. l2fwd parameters
     4.1 -c 0xF0FF -- -P 0xF00FF  => 120G get!
     4.2 -c 0xFF0FF -- -P 0xFF0FF => Failed! Only first 10 ports can
work well.
     4.3 -c 0x3F3FF -- -P 0x3F3FF => Failed! Only first 10 ports can
work well.

BTW, I have tried lots of parameter sets and if I set the ports number
over than 12 ports, it only first 10 ports got work.
Else, everything got well.

Can anyone help me to solve the issue? Or DPDK only can set less equal
than 12 ports?
Or DPDK max throughput is 120G?

本信件可能包含瑞祺電通機密資訊,非指定之收件者,請勿使用或揭露本信件內容,並請銷毀此信件。 This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.