[dpdk-dev] Running independent processes on the same machine

Richardson, Bruce bruce.richardson at intel.com
Sun Jul 20 21:15:33 CEST 2014

Hi Kai,

Two independent processes on the same machine cannot share Ethernet ports as each will reconfigure the ports for its own use when it runs. To run independent processes, you need to assign unique ports to each one and blacklist the ports being used by any other processes so that the new process doesn't reset those ports and stop the other processes from working.

Regards,
/Bruce