[dpdk-dev] symbol conflicts between netinet/in.h, arpa/inet.h, and rte_ip.h

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Jul 25 01:03:27 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:55:59PM +0000, Antti Kantee wrote:
> In my experience from years of fighting with more or less this exact same
> problem -- the fight is now thankfully over but the scars remain -- you
> either want to expose a complete set of types and provide support for
> everything, or you want to expose nothing.

I don't have a problem with this approach. Implementing it would require the
DPDK to create user accessible functions for creating MAC addresses, IPs,
CIDRs, and TCP / UDP port numbers. Many of the things required are hiding
inside of *cmdline* code where it's impossible for anybody to access them.

Matthew.