[dpdk-dev] MAC address in KNI

Carlos Franco kralosf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 19:51:58 CET 2014

Hello

I am working with KNI and I can send packets in both directions. But there are a couple of things that I don’t know how to do:

- I have read in the documentation that the MAC address can be the real one. But I am getting always a random one. I am setting the addr and id fields in the struct rte_kni_conf from the values obtained with rte_eth_dev_info_get from a valid NIC port. How can I tell KNI to use the real MAC?

- Is there any easy way to set the KNI virtual network interface up (like ifconfig .... up)?

Thanks for your help

Carlos