[dpdk-dev] Attempting to get the DPDK to build for FreeBSD 9.2Release DPDK 1.6.0

Randall Stewart rrs at lakerest.net
Thu Mar 27 12:25:36 CET 2014

Ok

I have figured this one out ;-)

When you do

kldload ./contigmem.ko

It trys to malloc up a chunk of memory (1Gig it looks by default).. and if
a contiguious piece of memory is not available.. it fails.. which causes
the failure back to kldload that says “Exec format error”.

Not very descriptive, turns out you have to dig into /var/log/messages to figure out
what is really happening ;-)