[dpdk-dev] DMAR errors when running testpmd

Tomasz K tomasz.kasowicz at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:56:22 CEST 2014

Hi Anatoly

I'm using dpdk-1.6.0r2 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with kernel 3.11.0-20-generic
#35~precise1-Ubuntu SMP

As for further investigation:
1. It doesn't matter whether DPDK uses 1GB or 2MB hugepages.
2. dmesg messages appear only when I invoke "start tx_first" in testpmd app
(so only when I try to send some packets)

The setup is very easy. 2 NICs connected with each other (port0 on NIC1 to
port0 on NIC2, same for port1). Each NIC iis on different server

Thanks
Tomasz