[dpdk-dev] DPDK Bare Metal

daniel chapiesky dchapiesky2 at gmail.com
Sat May 17 00:16:46 CEST 2014

Hello,

[This message was previously sent to "contact us" on 01.org... they
directed me to
post here instead... ]

My company is developing secure networking technology and we are currently
building a prototype of our system using the dpdk as the underlying
communications platform.  So far so good.

We are interested in finding out how much we can decrease the attack surface
of our application by going full bare metal.. (i.e. sans OS).   The mention
of a bare metal version of dpdk is one of the contributing factors for our
working on our prototype.

Can you please provide any information on the dpdk bare metal version?
Such as:

1) is it in fact - a zero OS version or is it based on a RTOS such as
those from Wind River.

2) Does the bare metal version only support one kind of processor family
such
as i7, or is it possible to target atom or arm with it as well?

3) what are the licensing terms for it?

4) are royalties required?

Thank you for your help in resolving these questions.

Sincerely,

Daniel Chapiesky