[dpdk-dev] Intel I350 fails to work with DPDK

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Wed May 28 11:41:42 CEST 2014

I have asked a similar question before, no one replied though.

I'm crafting my own packets in mbuf's (74 byte packets all) and sending it
using

ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(port_ids[lcore_id], 0, m_pool,burst_size);

When burst_size is 1, it does work. Work in the sense the NIC will continue
with sending packets, at a little over
50 percent of the link rate. For 1000 Mbps link rate .....The observed
transmit rate of the NIC is 580 Mbps (using Intel DPDK). But it should be
possible to achieve at least 900 Mbps transmit rate with Intel DPDK and
I350 on 1 Gbps link.

Could someone help me out on this ?

Thanks and regards