[dpdk-dev] DPDK on Xen Dom-U hangs during hugepage setup

Murillo imurillo006 at ehu.es
Mon Nov 3 10:08:46 CET 2014

Hello Kiran,

I was able to execute the helloworld example by running the next steps:

Change in Dpdk/config/common_linuxapp
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_XEN_DOM0=n
to:
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_XEN_DOM0=y
Change indpdk/config/defconfig_x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="native"
CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="default"
make config T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
make install T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
sudo modprobe uio
sudo insmod x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/kmod/igb_uio.ko
sudo insmod x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/kmod/rte_dom0_mm.ko rsv_memsize=2048
echo 2048 /sys/kernel/mm/dom0-mm/memsize-mB/memsize
cd example/helloworld
make
./build/helloworld -c 0x3 -n 2 --xen-dom0 –no-huge