[dpdk-dev] Q on consolidating linuxapp/bsdapp in eal

r k rkerur at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 19:13:59 CET 2014

Hi,

Thanks to Thomas for providing some inputs on this.

I am looking at consolidating common code in linuxapp/bsdapp in
librte_eal. I have started with header files and had some questions
related to it.

1. For some header files for e.g. eal_internal_cfg.h, there are very
minor differences between linux and bsd. In these cases is it ok to
separate out code in header files using
RTE_EXEC_ENV_BSDAPP/RTE_EXEC_ENV_LINUXAPP after moving to common
directory?

2. Files with same names for e.g. rte_lcore.h/rte_per_lcore.h are
present in multiple directories
            in librte_eal/common/include
            in librte_eal/[linuxapp/bsdapp]/eal/include/exec-env
     Not sure which one is the latest and should be referenced.

Inputs appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi