[dpdk-dev] DPDK - VIRTIO performance problems

Yan Freedland YanF at Radware.com
Sun Oct 12 14:37:37 CEST 2014

Hi

I am checking performance DPDK VIRTIO mode running on KVM (Linux ubuntu 3.11.0-15-generic).
The maximum throughput I reached was 4Gbps and then I saw an interesting phenomena.

Every ~2min traffic stopped completely and then immediately came back. This happened in a periodic fashion.

I have never seen such thing in a pass-through mode, where I reached very much higher rates of course.

Can you please help in resolving this problem in VIRTIO ?

Thank you
Yan