[dpdk-dev] development/integration branch?

Marc Sune marc.sune at bisdn.de
Tue Oct 21 10:22:56 CEST 2014

Good morning,

Some DPDK users, including myself, use a clone of the git repository to
compile DPDK for their applications, instead of downloading the tarball
of each release.

In my opinion, it would be useful for such users that the master branch
contains only stable releases, to prevent (mistakenly) to use a wip DPDK
version, and jump quickly to the latest stable with a simple git pull
without having to check the tags. Also new users would clone the repo
and get only the stable release.

So I would propose to use an integration/development branch, where the
patches are integrated and only push to master once a stable release is
tagged in this integration branch.

Thoughts?

best
marc