[dpdk-dev] development/integration branch?

Marc Sune marc.sune at bisdn.de
Tue Oct 21 11:14:43 CEST 2014

On 21/10/14 10:46, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> My balance is different because I have a simpler solution for Marc's problem:
> 	git fetch && git merge $(git tag | grep -v -- -rc | tail -n1)
Thomas,

We all know we _can_ do this. But is it really necessary? We should be
all as lazy as possible and make it easy for users IMHO. `git pull` is
easier :)

I don't see any drawback of using a development branch, except if you
consider the extra push to master per release a drawback.

Also think about new users downloading the repo for the first time. They
are forced to do this right now if they want to checkout the latest stable.

marc