[dpdk-dev] TCP/IP stack for DPDK

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Sep 9 08:58:53 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 06:47:48AM +0000, Zhang, Helin wrote:
> That means your great works under GPL/LGPL license will not occur in DPDK main line, as it is always BSD license.
>
> Regards,
> Helin

However despite this issue, there are some cases where the Linux stack is
greatly superior to the BSD one although normally the opposite is the case...
AF_NETLINK for configuring 10,000+ IP addresses, especially for L4-L7
performance testing, would be one possible example of this. Another potential
example would be the BPF JIT compiler if you want to combine BPF filters with
DPDK (something I'm doing right now in my own code actually).

Matthew.