[dpdk-dev] calling rte_eth_rx_queue_setup from secondary processes

Nissim Nisimov NissimN at Radware.com
Thu Apr 2 12:26:47 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I wonder if there is a possibility to call rte_eth_rx_queue_setup() from different processes (for different RSS queues off course)

For example, the code will look something like:

>From Process 1:

retval = rte_eth_rx_queue_setup(port_num, 0, rx_ring_size,
                                                            rte_eth_dev_socket_id(port_num), &rx_conf_default, dpdk_mp_handle);

from process 2:

retval = rte_eth_rx_queue_setup(port_num, 1, rx_ring_size,
                                                            rte_eth_dev_socket_id(port_num), &rx_conf_default, dpdk_mp_handle);

I know that rte_eth_rx_queue_setup() is not meant to work on secondary processes but my question is if there is a real reason for it. and if it can be changed so it will indeed work in such case

Thanks!
Nissim