[dpdk-dev] can't build memnic pmd

Sowmini Varadhan sowmini05 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:49:35 CEST 2015

I am trying to build memnic-1.3/pmd on a qemu-kvm running
4.0.0-rc7+ with gcc 4.8.2, and it fails with a few errors, the first of
which is
/path/to/dpdk-2.0.0/build/include/rte_memcpy.h:625:2: error: implicit
declaration of function ?_mm_alignr_epi8?
[-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  MOVEUNALIGNED_LEFT47(dst, src, n, srcofs);

I see that rte_vect.h only includes tmmintrin.h for __GNUC_MINOR__ < 4,
and I probably need to do other things to enable SSSE3 or its equivalent.
Question is- what are they?

More generally, what are the steps to getting the l2fwd-ivshmem examples
from dpdk to work between 2 kvms? I was not able to find a simple README
for this.

Thanks in advance,

--Sowmini