[dpdk-dev] vhost: Problem RESET_OWNER processing

Jan Kiszka jan.kiszka at siemens.com
Sat Aug 8 08:37:49 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-08 02:04, Ouyang, Changchun wrote:

> [...]

git head, which includes 2.4-rc2.

VHOST_USER_RESET_OWNER dates back to QEMU commit 294ce717e, and that is
after 2.3. Before that commit, QEMU was happily allowing its vhost
servers to corrupt guest memory on reboot or while a virtio device was
otherwise deactivated.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, Corporate Technology, CT RTC ITP SES-DE