[dpdk-dev] [ 2nd try ] Lookup mechanim in DPDK HASH table.

Yeddula, Avinash ayeddula at ciena.com
Thu Aug 13 23:37:21 CEST 2015

Any comments on this question ?

Thanks
-Avinash

-----Original Message-----
From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces at dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Yeddula, Avinash
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:04 PM
To: dev at dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Lookup mechanim in DPDK HASH table.

Hello All,

I'm using DPDK extendable hash tables. This question is with respect to the lookup aspect of the hash table.
I see that there is just one "t->key_offset" that is pre-defined for the hash table. I also understand that the frame needs to carry the "lookup_key / keys" in the meta data.

Here is my question:  How to support more than one lookup with different keys on the same frame on the same table.
Use case: Src mac  lookup and dst mac lookup on the same mac table.

Thanks
-Avinash