[dpdk-dev] ieee1588fwd.c implementation

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Fri Aug 14 18:04:52 CEST 2015

Hi,

That may be due to 1 or 2 different issues:

    1. You are using a NIC that doesn't support PTP timesyncing. What NIC are you using?
    2. You are using a Fortville NIC but don't have the latest code from dpdk.org.

> However, the hardware does not change the timestamp, when I check the
> received packet.

You will need to address the above issue first, but just to be clear, the NIC doesn't update the timestamp in the PTP packet. It sets a flag to say that the packet is a L2 PTP packet and that the timestamp of its arrival is available for reading.

John