[dpdk-dev] vSwitch Performance Comparison for NFV Use Case

Traynor, Kevin kevin.traynor at intel.com
Mon Aug 24 18:50:28 CEST 2015

That seems reasonable enough (maybe a little low) considering you are on a 2.4 GHz
and are using one logical core so the pmd will be sharing a physical core. As you
said you will get greater performance if you add another pmd. You will also get
better performance if you set rx_mrgbuf=off.

Did you core affinitize the pmd to an empty core and the pkt fwding qemu thread to
make sure they get the cycles they need?