[dpdk-dev] Does anybody know OpenDataPlane

Kury Nicolas nicolas.kury at master.hes-so.ch
Wed Dec 2 15:21:44 CET 2015

Hi!

Does anybody know OpenDataPlane ?  http://www.opendataplane.org/ It is a framework designed to enable software portability between networking SoCs, regardless of the underlying instruction set architecture. There are several implementations.

  *   OpenDataPlane using DPDK for Intel NIC
  *   OpenDataPlane using DPAA for Freescale platforms (QorIQ)
  *   OpenDataPlane using MCSDK for Texas Insturments platforms (KeyStone II)
  *   etc.

When a developer wants to port his application, he just needs to recompile it with the implementation of OpenDataPlane related to the new platform.

I'm doing my Master's Thesis on OpenDataPlane  and I have some questions.

- Now that OpenDataPlane (ODP) exists, schould every developpers start a new project with ODP or are there some reasons to still use DPDK ? What do you think ?

Thank you very much

Nicolas