[dpdk-dev] Architecture Board Proposal

O'Driscoll, Tim tim.odriscoll at intel.com
Fri Dec 11 10:47:05 CET 2015

Since we have agreement on the purpose and scope of the board, I'd like to make a proposal on the composition. I think the following people all have a strong history of contributions and technical credibility within the community, and represent a broad range of perspectives on DPDK: Stephen Hemminger, Thomas Monjalon, Olivier Matz, Panu Matilainen, Jerin Jacob, Bruce Richardson, Konstantin Ananyev.

I'd propose that this group have an initial meeting early in the new year. A good topic for a first meeting would be to clarify the scope of DPDK. We discussed this at the Userspace event (including questions such as whether an IPsec sample application is or is not within DPDK scope), and Venky agreed to draft an initial proposal, but due to other commitments he hasn't had time to do this yet. If Venky does get time to do this then his draft can be an input to the board for discussion/approval, otherwise I think the board members should just determine and document the scope themselves.

If anybody has comments on this or alternative proposals, please feel free to air them on the mailing list. We can also add this to the agenda for our community call on Wednesday and hopefully finalise it then.

Tim