[dpdk-dev] [RFC 3/3] doc: announce ABI change for filtering support

Rahul Lakkireddy rahul.lakkireddy at chelsio.com
Tue Dec 15 14:51:38 CET 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Tuesday, December 12/15/15, 2015 at 00:55:20 -0800, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2015-12-15 14:10, Rahul Lakkireddy:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I am preparing a v2 of this series where I will be accomodating some
> > more fields to be considered for filtering. However, if the overall
> > approach seems ok to everyone then, should I submit a separate patch
> > for this ABI change announcement ?
>
> Yes, if this announce is not enough:
> 	http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/commit/?id=648e6b3815a35

Apart from rte_eth_fdir_flow ABI change mentioned in above link, new
fields will be added to rte_eth_ipv4_flow and rte_eth_ipv6_flow,
which break their ABI.

Also, 4 new flow types will be added, which increases RTE_ETH_FLOW_MAX
from 18 to 22 and breaks the ABI.

Should I send a separate ABI change announce patch for each of them?

Thanks,
Rahul