[dpdk-dev] [RFC 0/5] virtio support for container

Tan, Jianfeng jianfeng.tan at intel.com
Thu Dec 31 13:54:08 CET 2015

Hello!

>  I've made some progress about (a). It's tricky. This caused by this fragment:
>
>         if (vhost_user_read(vhost->sockfd, &msg, len, fds, fd_num) < 0)
>                 return 0;
>
>  Here you ignore errors. And this particular request for some reason ends up
> in EBADF. The most magic part is that sometimes it just
> works...
>  Not sure if i can finish it today, and here in Russia we have New Year holidays
> until 11th.

Oops, I made a mistake here. I got vhost_user_read() and vhost_user_write() backwards.

+	len = VHOST_USER_HDR_SIZE + msg.size;
+	if (vhost_user_read(hw->sockfd, &msg, len, fds, fd_num) < 0)
+		return 0;
+
+	if (need_reply) {
+		if (vhost_user_write(hw->sockfd, &msg) < 0)
+			return -1;
+
+		if (req != msg.request) {
+			PMD_DRV_LOG(ERR, "Received unexpected msg type."
+					" Expected %d received %d",
+					req, msg.request);
+			return -1;
+		}