[dpdk-dev] deadline for 2.0 features proposal

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Feb 3 23:15:08 CET 2015

On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 09:24:28PM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2015-02-03 12:04, Bruce Richardson:
> > On Tue, Feb 03, 2015 at 11:40:41AM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > These features were planned in the 2.0 roadmap but not submitted:
> > > 	- cuckoo hash
> > > 	- packet distributor (phase 2)
> > > 	- bifurcated driver, assuming availability in Linux kernel
> > > 	- Broadcom driver
> > > 	- Hyper-V driver
> > > 	- i40e QoS
> > > 	- i40e IEEE1588
> > > 	- i40e DCB
> > > 	- i40e SR-IOV switching
> > > 	- i40e port mirroring
> > >
> > > They are now in the 2.1 roadmap.
> > > If you are working on one of these features or plan to do,
> > > please confirm their status and the estimated integration window.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > There are no enhancements to the packet distributor lib which will be ready for
> > inclusion inside the 2.0 timeframe.
>
> But there will be something new for 2.1?
> What means "phase 2"?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Thomas

I'm currently doing some investigation work in this area, to see what ways we
can improve performance or use other distribution schemes. Depending on what
comes out of the investigations, there may or may not be improvements to push
in the 2.1 timeframe. It's too early to know at this point.

Regards,
/Bruce