[dpdk-dev] [discuss]emulated e1000 device with qemu is not showing nic stats correctly

Srinivasreddy R srinivasreddy4390 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 16:18:51 CET 2015

Hi ,

I have emulated  virtual e1000  device  using qemu  .

I have binded to igb_uio . and run PacketGen  .

Now I am able to receive and transmit packets on the device .

But PacketGen is not showing  Tx/Rx  Rate .

I have put  printed  struct rte_eth_stats after fetching nic stats . except
tx, rx packet count all the other  fields are zeroes .

I am facing the same issue with my dpdk application .

Is it a bug / known issue  ? . I have used dpdk1.7.

Have any faced it earlier .

qemu:

qemu-system-x86_64   -device e1000  ..

on the VM :

# lspci

00.03.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82540EM Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 03)

my dpdk app eal_inti  :

EAL: core 1 is ready  (tid=2b7fe700)

EAL: PCI device 0000.00.03.0 on NUMA socket -1

EAL: probe driver: 8086:100e rte_em_pmd

EAL: PCI memory mapped at 0x7f602c96e000

dpdk_nic_bind.py --status

Network devices using DPDK-compatible driver

0000:00:03:0 '82540EM Gigabit Ethernet controller' drv=igb_uio unused=

Thanks

Srinivas.