[dpdk-dev] Previous DPDK version API documentation for app developers

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Feb 12 08:06:35 CET 2015

Hi all,

I ran into a funny situation today with the API documentation.

For stability until I can get my app mostly working, I was using DPDK 1.7.X,
so I could concentrate on making the app reliable. But the DPDK website only
has the API docs for DPDK 1.8.X / HEAD.

I was wondering if we could have copies of the most recent few versions in the
site, and some scripts or steps to regenerate locally so you can get the
matching version in the local machine.

This would also help me to do some suppoert things for our community, like
making small patches to fix parts of the docs with typos / formatting bugs.

With the steps how to generate them right, I could fix docs bugs in the
sources and make sure the docs read right afterward for others.

Thanks,
Matthew.