[dpdk-dev] Using bypass on Silicom PE210G2BPi9 with Intel 82599ES chip

Martin Drašar drasar at ics.muni.cz
Wed Feb 18 11:20:54 CET 2015

Hi,

I hope that I am using the correct mailing list...

I have a Silicom PE210G2BPi9 LR card with Intel 82599ES chip that has a
bypass. Now I would like to turn the bypass on and off from software.
However, I am having some problems with it.

I am able to check whether the card supports the bypass (i.e. for a card
without bypass it shows me that bypass is not supported and for this one
is), but I am not able to correctly get or set the bypass mode.

If I call the following:

uint32_t bypassState;
rc = rte_eth_dev_bypass_state_show(port, &bypassState);

Then the bypass state is always 0, which, according to documentation, is
not a valid value. The same goes for rte_eth_dev_bypass_state_set.

Does the DPDK support this card and this functionality?

I am currently using DPDK 1.5.2r1.

Thank you.
Martin