[dpdk-dev] daemon process problem in DPDK

Ni, Xun xun.ni at intel.com
Mon Jan 12 15:28:20 CET 2015

Hello:

   I have basic questions related to dpdk and trying to find help.

   I am about to create a daemon process, is there a way for other process to know whether the daemon is already created? I doesn't mean to get the pid, because it changes every time.

   If the daemon is created, how do other process to communicate with this daemon? Dpdk seems to have rte ring but it only exists on the Ethernet, while I am talking about the process within the same computer, and the way like share-memory, but I didn't find examples about the share memory between processes.

Thanks,
Xun