[dpdk-dev] Q on Support for I217 and I218 Intel chipsets.

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Jan 14 17:27:38 CET 2015

2015-01-09 04:41, Ravi Kerur:
> Thomas,
>
> Please let me know how I can move forward on this. If i confine changes in
> e1000/ directory to e1000_osdep.h file only and the rest in PMD will that
> work? The reason I ask is because of following comment  in README file.

> Few changes to the original FreeBSD sources were made to:
> - Adopt it for PMD usage mode:
>         e1000_osdep.c
>         e1000_osdep.h

This is an Intel driver so you should ask to the responsible of this code at Intel.
The problem is that there is not really an identified responsible for this driver.

The rule is to not change the base driver, even osdep files.
But it would be better to have an exception here.

PS: please avoid top-posting.