[dpdk-dev] No probed ethernet devices /DPDP 1.7.1 in Fedora 21

Olivier MATZ olivier.matz at 6wind.com
Fri Jan 16 15:27:47 CET 2015

Hi Sothy,

On 01/16/2015 03:10 PM, sothy shan wrote:
> I guess you are completely wrong.
>
> Becasue when I do
>
> make config T=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc
> make
>
> Testpmd works.
>
> When I do  with
>
> export RTE_SDK=$(pwd)export RTE_TARGET="x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc"
> make CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS=y CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y
> install T="$RTE_TARGET"

Are you sure that this syntax is supported by the build system?

As far as I know, RTE_SDK and RTE_TARGET must be defined when building
an external application (like in examples), not when building test-pmd
app which is a sdk built-in.

Also, I'm not sure passing a CONFIG_XYZ=y variable will be properly
taken in account by the build system. Where did you found this syntax?
The proper way is:

  make config T=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc O=my_dir
  ${EDITOR} my_dir/.config
  make O=my_dir

One last comment, please be careful when copy/pasting commands in
mails as there are typos in some of your commands. A reader could
expect that your problem comes from this:

  $ export RTE_SDK=$(pwd)export RTE_TARGET="x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc"
  $ echo $RTE_SDK
  /home/userexport

Regards,
Olivier