[dpdk-dev] No probed ethernet devices /DPDP 1.7.1 in Fedora 21

Olivier MATZ olivier.matz at 6wind.com
Fri Jan 16 17:35:26 CET 2015

Hi Sothy,

On 01/16/2015 05:07 PM, sothy shan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Olivier MATZ <olivier.matz at 6wind.com> wrote:
>>> When I do  with
>>>
>>> export RTE_SDK=$(pwd)export RTE_TARGET="x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc"
>>> make CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS=y CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y
>>> install T="$RTE_TARGET"
>>
>> Are you sure that this syntax is supported by the build system?
>
> I am tryiting to build DPDK OVS and found  the instruction in
> https://github.com/01org/dpdk-ovs/blob/development/docs/01_Installation.md

I just noticed the syntax is strange, you can check the supported
options here:

http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/dev_kit_build_system.html#makefile-description

I'm not sure the CONFIG_ will be taken in account when generating
rte_config.h (see rte.sdkconfig.mk and scripts/gen-config-h.sh). But
maybe it's not related to your issue.

Regards,
Olivier