[dpdk-dev] Segmentation fault in ixgbe_rxtx_vec.c:444 with 1.8.0

Martin Weiser martin.weiser at allegro-packets.com
Mon Jan 19 11:26:57 CET 2015

Hi everybody,

we quite recently updated one of our applications to DPDK 1.8.0 and are
now seeing a segmentation fault in ixgbe_rxtx_vec.c:444 after a few minutes.
I just did some quick debugging and I only have a very limited
understanding of the code in question but it seems that the 'continue'
in line 445 without increasing 'buf_idx' might cause the problem. In one
debugging session when the crash occurred the value of 'buf_idx' was 2
and the value of 'pkt_idx' was 8965.
Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. If you need any
further information just let me know.

Martin